Saturday 26 April 2008

Tattoos



I found the lecture on body modification fascinating.Obviously people can do what they want to their own bodies but when does it reach that point where obsession kicks in?In the past people would have tattoos done as part of their story or heritage,now people seem to be doing it either because of the rush of adrenalin that hits you when the body reacts to pain or because they get off on the reaction from other people.Now the whole world and his dog has some sort of tattoo the shock value is lessened, so people now have to go for extreme modification.I'm not against tattoos,I have one myself which I had done in a fit of pique and although I don't regret it,I wish I'd have designed the image rather than going for the stock Ying and Yang symbol-as if I'm balanced!!Oh,the irony.Please,please think about what your doing and have a look at this web-site to get the facts about it.Cheers-

http://www.tattooinfo.net/Scripts/default.asp

This is my comment on -

http://jeni-f.blogspot.com/

Hello.I would like to think the whole idea of foot binding and female castration is something that is resigned to the horrible annuls of history but I do think it goes on still in remote areas of the world but how can you explain to a tribe that it is wrong without coming over like some Victorian missionary?Hopefully knowledge will bring enpowerment and stop these barbaric acts.Thanks-Rachel.

No comments: