Monday 21 April 2008

Stalking





Hi.I find the subject of stalking a very tricky subject.It's not as black and white as Smoking or Infidelity.There seems to be many levels of what is classed 'stalking'.After all,who hasn't taken a keen interest on what their 'ex' is up to?I know when I split up with my boyfriend I desperately wanted to check his text messages for signs of a new relationship,but the swine had put a code lock on it!The thought of following him from work also cropped up but I realised this is totally unacceptable,mad behaviour and thankfullywas able to stop myself but I do think it can easily get out of control.It's a slippery slope from being curious to being obsessive.
This ia a report on a guy who managed to get access to his girlfriend's mobile phone and checked up on her.She knew about it but it's still creepy!
http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2006/feb/01/news.g2

This is my comment on-
http://sereenabbb.blogspot.com/

I do think it is mainly our fault as to why celebrities get stalked by the paparazzi.If we didn't buy magazines such as 'Hello' or 'OK' then the 'paps' wouldn't go to such desperate measures to get a photo of Amy's or Britneys new melt down.We have to ask ourselves why we are so sucked into this celebrity life.It's generally accepted that the photographers following Lady Diana in Paris in 1997 were the cause of her death.Will the paparazzi's hunger for a 'good copy' make tragedies like this an occupational hazard?

No comments: